Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Interested in First-Class Leadership & Innovative Sales?


Yesterday I gave a public full-day training on Innovative Sales in the Excelsior Hotel in Hong Kong. The attendants were from such different backgrounds like Human Resource Management Outsourcing and Merchandising. All were very interested in my concept of "Stop Selling! How to Help Your Customers Buy" which is an approach going clearly beyond the so-called consultative selling method.

In this training I figured out again how difficult it is for people to let go of their old habits and to adopt an entirely new approach.

We created role plays which we tried to make as close as possible to the real life situations the participants face every day. This way, the trainees could actually experience a new sales approach which is on one hand very smooth without any pressure on the prospective customer or client and yet very straight forward as this approach reveals very quickly whether a business is possible or not.

During my 13 years in Sales and General Management (before I started my own company in 2002) I continuously made the experience that sales people waste way too much time with prospects they won't do any business with at that point. The unique strength of my approach is that the sales person figures out in no time whether a further follow-up of the project makes sense or not. And this while truly serving the customer in his buying process.

The feedback at the end of the day was overwhelming, one attendant said that she finally got the answer how to sell with integrity, i.e. how to sell AND to feel good at the same time.

I am not sure whether I will do this kind of public workshops again because my experience tells me that people have difficulties to implement such entirely new concepts without follow-up coaching. That's why I prefer to provide complete packages consisting of training and follow-up coaching to corporations. This way it is assured that the new concepts are actually implemented. I realized that the effectiveness of learning of a full-day training without follow-up is between 0-20% depending on the quality of the trainer and the trainees. However, if coaching is being added to the training the effectiveness is increased to 70-100%.

If you want to know more about my Innovative Sales Program, visit http://www.progressu.com.hk/SalesDP.htm or contact me (Charlie.Lang@progressu.com.hk).

If you want to share your opinion about effective training and innovative sales, I would be happy to hear from you!

No comments: