Sunday, October 24, 2004

How to turn prospective clients into real clients

Last week I met a recently trained coach who responded to my article about mentor coaching. She told me that she is stuck with her coaching business and that she does not know how to find and win coaching clients. We first discussed different possibilities to attract prospective clients and she has to figure out which of the possibilities are most suitable for her.

Then, I asked her, why would any of the prospects hire her as their coach and she gave me some general arguments which did not sound very convincing to me. I think that this is a big problem for many coaches who have little experience in sales & marketing. Eventually, I got her to figure out what is unique about her, her background and her experience and how that could benefit her potential clients.

She was quite surprised to find out that she has something unique to offer which could be very beneficial to prospective clients. I helped her also to understand the 14 buying motivators and how to align the unique buying proposition with the key buying motivators.

This principle works with practically all products and services and is part of my Innovative Sales Program. If you want to learn more about it, contact me at Charlie.Lang@progressu.com.hk or call me at +852-9199 2019.

1 comment:

Kissoftheroses said...

Harassing you every single day